Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Brazil & Santos Striker Neymar Reveals Interest In Chelsea Switch

Share

Santos' teenage striker Neymar has revealed that he hopes to make a move to Chelsea.

The Blues were previously believed to have had bids of €19.5 million and €26.5m rejected, as the 18-year-old re-signed with the Brazilian club until December 2014.

At the time, the youngster maintained that he did not think it was the right moment to make a move abroad, but has now done a U-turn and hopes to carve out a move to Stamford Bridge soon.

"A player with a winning mentality like I have has to play in the best places like Chelsea," Neymar told The Sun.

"Santos is my club. I love it. But it is not at as high a level as the English Premier League."

Having previously drawn comparisons with stars such as Robinho and Pele, the young marksman maintained that his ambition is to be the best player in the world.

And he wants to do so playing alongside the likes of Didier Drogba and Frank Lampard.

Neymar added: "I want to go where I can become a world-class player. I have ambitions to be the best player in the world.

"But more than that, I want to play in the top tournaments and if I do well and I deserve to be voted the best, then that will be fantastic.

"I watch Premier League football all the time, whenever I get the chance, and I enjoy the speed of the game and that it is so straight-forward and direct. That is something which really appeals to me.

"Chelsea have some fantastic players like Didier Drogba and Frank Lampard and I would love to play with them.

"I don't know where I would fit in because that would be up to the coach. But I can play however they want me to. I'm confident in any position."

The Brazilian also insists that he will not have any trouble making a move away from his home country, and believes that he will not have any significant trouble adapting to life in west London.

He said: "I'm preparing to move. I will be in a better state of mind and ready for it next time.

"There are already Brazilian players at Chelsea, Alex and Ramires. I know of Alex because he used to be at Santos although it was a while ago.

"And I played with Ramires for the national team, but I haven't had a chance to talk with him about Chelsea yet. I'm sure we will though."

No comments:

Post a Comment